Sunday, March 11, 2012

Photo Crazy DIY

Hi. My name is Nicole, and I'm a Photoholic.

I decorate my house, largely, in photos and frankly I get tired of switching photos in and out of frames to keep them current. So, in an effort to save myself time and finally get photos up that have been impatiently waiting to be displayed I came up with this photo line and I am in LOVE! This sucker will be taking many forms in almost every room of my house! I plan on getting different kinds of drawer pulls and clothespins and coordinating them with the different rooms in the house. This would also be a great way to display children's art work!

I started with the wall in the hallway between the bedrooms as there isn't really any creativity going on in this hallway and it was easy to do something simple here. The whole project cost me probably $5 because I have a bunch of screws, clothespins, and wire left over! You will need:
- drawer knobs
- picture wire, thread, or ribbon (I used picture wire)
- double threaded screws like the ones pictured below (need to make sure it's the same size as the hole in your drawer knob)
- little clothespins
- photos
I first marked where I wanted the knobs to go and then drilled holes for the anchors. I used wall anchors because I was putting them into drywall. If you aren't you can just screw them directly in to the wall. After the anchors were installed I put the flat edge of the double threaded screw into my knob and then screwed the knob into the wall. I tied the picture wire around the knob and wrapped the extra around until it could not be seen. I plan on doing this project in my kid's rooms and using thread instead and leaving a little extra thread hanging down but in this case I didn't want any showing. Then I repeated the step on the opposite side and made sure the wire was pulled tight so the weight of the pictures wouldn't pull it down too much. I clipped on the pictures and voila - fast, cheap, and easy DIY picture line that will help me rotate pictures out in a pinch!

This was one of the easiest and fastest DIY projects I've done and I hope you find it helpful! Now, off to edit some more photos...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment