Friday, February 3, 2012

Servin' Up Some Love

I am in LOVE with pinterest!  It is one of the most positive forms of social media that I have ever seen!  It inspires me all the time and I love when I can try things out that I've seen on there.  My sister very lovingly offered to host a Thirty-One Spring premiere party for me and we joined up with Stella & Dot for an early February brunch complete with Strawberry mimosas and Hot Chocolate.  I thouroughly enjoyed making these sweet treats to complement any hot chocolate buffett!

To make the spoons you need:

Plastic spoons
Sprinkles
Candy Melts in your color of choice

These were the easiest thing in the world to make.  Melt the chocolate in a bowl in 30 second intervals until it's all melted together.  I then just used a clean spoon to scoop the melted candy up and put a little bit in to the plastic spoon.  I then tapped the bottom on a cookie sheet and once it was flattened sprinkled on some candy decorations.  Then I let it harden on the cookie sheet and wrapped it in plastic and a twist tie - easy as PIE!!  These are great little gifts and party favors and can just be eaten or stirred in to hot chocolate - YUM!!

To make the marshmallows you need:

Marshmallows
Lollipop Sticks
Candy Melts
Sprinkles

Again, these are extremely easy, melt the candies as described above and then I used a spoon to drizzle the candy coating on the top of the marshmallow and tapped the side of the stick with my finger until it was flattened on the top and dripping down the sides of the marshmallow - sprinkle on your candy deocrations while it's still warm and stand it up somewhere til it hardens (florest foam would be great for this!)




I am very excited to share these with everyone at the party and am looking forward to my next pinterest inspired craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment